Clare Murray Hickey
Hello, Clare Murray Hickey here.
I am a Counselling Psychologist, (M.Sc Counselling Psychology, Trinity College Dublin).
My training includes:
- M.Sc. Counselling Psychology. 2004-2006
- Post grad. Cert Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (C B T )
- B. A. Psychology 1999-2002
- Post grad. Level 1 training in Emotion Focused Therapy
- Post Grad Cert Integrative Body Work, 2008-2009.
- Post Grad.Cert Play therapy 2007-2008.
- Cert Jungian studies ( Depth Psychology), 1994-1995.
- Course in Primal integration and Regression Therapy, 1996.
- Training Voluntary Counselling Centre, 2003-2004.
- Diplomas Massage and Physiology, 1996-1997.
- Cert Naturopathic Nutrition,2003-2004.
- Provide a safe place to explore whatever difficulties may be present.
- Offer a setting where one can be really listened to, where issues, what ever they may be, big or small, can be explored at ones own pace.
- And also to facilitate a deeper understanding of thoughts, feelings, and behaviour, aspects of which may be outside of conscious awareness but may be impacting on emotional, physical and mental health.
My training includes in-depth theoretical and practical application of Person- Centred Therapy; Psychodynamic Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and skills training in Couples, and Bereavement Counselling.
My under graduate studies included Life-Span development, (which includes emotional, cognitive, social, and behavioural development), Health psychology, Abnormal psychological development, and Cognitive psychology. It also involved three years of psychoanalytic studies.
Thus, in my work I draw on a wide range of theoretical and practical experience.
I endeavour to:
My approach to counselling is based on the belief that each one of us is on a unique journey through life, although at times a painful one. I feel privileged to share this journey with those who seek insight, support, and space to explore what is going on for them, on this journey of self development.
Blog posts by Clare
Clare hasn't written any posts yet. Please check back soon.