Educational Psychological Assessments play an important role in the diagnosis of
• Dyslexia / specific learning difficulty
• General learning difficulties
• Speech and Language Disorders
• Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
• Dyspraxia and Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD)
• Giftedness / Very Able
• Adult Dyslexia
An Educational Assessment includes:
• Meeting with the parents of the child to discuss concerns and early developmental history.
• A full cognitive assessment profile looking at verbal and non-verbal skills. The assessment will also identify particular strengths and weaknesses.
• Attainments in reading, spelling and mathematics.
• A report will be completed outlining the outcome of the above testing and proving recommendations towards teaching and learning in the future.
• Feedback to parents and also to teachers and other relevant professionals working with the child on request.
• Advice will also be given as to the child’s entitlements to any extra support under the Department of Education guidelines.